The student news site of St. Louis School, Milan

Spirit of St. Louis

Spirit of St. Louis

Spirit of St. Louis

Film Review – Sucker Punch

Sucker Punch
Sucker Punch

Sucker Punch, by Zack Snyder ( the director of 300 and Watchmen), is an action/fantasy that plays with your mind.

A mentally unstable girl, Baby Doll as she is nicknamed, is sent to an insane asylum (this is not a horror nor a grotesque movie, the asylum scenes are perfectly harmless). There she meets Blondie, Sweet Pea, Rocket, and Amber.

Baby Doll has 1 week, before the ‘High Roller’ comes (the lobotomist), to give her a lobotomy to remove a part of her brain, turning you into a human vegetable. She plans to escape, but before that she has to find 5 items: fire, knife, key, map, and one other. It’s a mystery.

Baby Doll distracts people by dancing, while her friends do the dirty work. We see her and her friends fighting against nazi-zombies, dragons, robots, and an army of creatures.

This movie is not appropriate for under 13’s, but even a 13 year old would not get the film’s twists and dark intentions. It truly will, and indeed blow your mind. It is one of a kind, and as a person who has seen many weird, dark, disturbing, and a LOT of movies; I have never seen any other film like this. It’s very dramatic, intense, and epic during the battle scenes … If your 15 or up, I recommend it to you.

Watch the trailer...